Power Flushing for Central Heating / Hot Water Cylinders
A power flush is a chemical solution that cleanses your central heating system and removes any elements inside of pipes, such as rust or debris that may be causing it not to work as well. If left inside of your system, it can cause you serious problems to your home heating.
Over time the water in your pipes, boiler and radiators produces unwanted dirt and can cause your radiators to not give out as much heat or cause your boiler to break down completely.
Signs that your central heating system is in need of Power Flushing include:
- Your radiators and boiler are noisy
- Leaking radiators
- Cold patches, particularly at the bottom, of radiators
- Your boiler keeps breaking down and needs to be restarted
- Excessive noise from the boiler or the heating system pump
- Your central heating takes longer than expected to warm up
- Some radiators struggle to heat up as well as others
- Your radiators are not getting warm, even when the boiler is turned on
- No water escapes when you bleed a radiator
- If when you bleed a radiator, the water is discoloured.