Oil Boiler Servicing
I service all makes and models of condensing, and non-condensing pressure jet oil fired boilers.
Our annual boiler service also includes an oil tank inspection to ensure any underlying problems are discovered before they could cause environmental damage and financial loss to the owner.
Why should I have my oil boiler serviced?
During the combustion, process deposits will build up on the internal surfaces of the heat exchanger and the baffles, which can decrease boiler efficiency. Having an oil fired boiler serviced regularly can keep it operating at its peak efficiency, which reduces your fuel bills and saves you money on costly unexpected breakdowns. Most importantly, your boiler is safe to use.
How Often Should I get my oil boiler serviced?
We recommended you should get your oil boiler serviced at least once a year.
If it’s a newly installed boiler, most manufacturers require homeowners to have the boiler serviced every 12 months. If this is not done, the warranty may be declared void.
How long does an annual oil boiler service take, and what does your service include?
I undertake a comprehensive annual oil boiler service which takes around 2 hours to complete, including oil tank inspection and OFTEC paperwork.
Your boiler service includes:
- Fully remove & clean baffles and combustion chamber. Clean condensate trap and secondary heat exchanger (on condensing models).
- Clean all components of the pressure jet burner, including replacing the oil nozzle.
- Check/replace flexible oil line(s).
- Check and clean/replace oil filters.
- Check remote fire valve operation.
- Inspect the oil storage tank.
- Check oil pump pressure and air settings to the manufacturers as instructions.
- A complete flue gas analysis and efficiency test print out.
- An OFTEC CD11 service report.
Fitting a new nozzle fitted during a boiler service